Jim Brantner plastic surgeon offers a patient focused and results oriented plastic, cosmetic, and reconstructive surgery.
Are you perhaps wondering why anyone would want to have their features reconstructed? The reasons may vary from one person to another but find below some of the general reasons.
- To feel more beautiful: Many people don’t feel comfortable in their own skin and desire to feel sexier by having some improvement or reconstruction done to some of their bodily features.
- To correct a damage: To restore function and normal appearance to bodily features. In some instances to correct deformities created by birth defects, trauma or medical conditions including cancer.
- To counter the aging process: if you are scared of losing your youthful appearance to aging you can consider having a plastic surgery. While this does not stop the aging process it can help boost your self esteem and make your outward appearance brim with youthfulness.
- To look like your idols: many people especially the teens idolize celebrities and wish to be like them, well plastic surgery makes it possible although this seems like a wrong reason.
- To get a job: Hollywood celebrities sometimes have to undergo cosmetic surgery to get a job or for them to scale in their career.
These are likely reasons why people go for cosmetic, reconstructive or plastic surgery but before you sign up for a surgery, it is advisable that you seek a consultation with the plastic surgeon to understand the possible downside to the surgery.
What are the benefits of plastic surgery? Find out in the ensuing paragraphs.
- Improved Mental Health: People’s self esteem can be improved when they feel more comfortable in their own skin. They are less likely to feel anxious or less-confident about their physical appearance after undergoing plastic surgery. This gives one’s mental health a great boost and you are overcome with a renewed confidence in yourself.
- Cosmetic surgery produces results which often last a long time or are permanent. This completely erases the fear of going back to your undesired self. But you must adhere to your surgeon’s instruction to keep this look.
- Reconstruction surgeries help people keep fit. It is observed that people who undergo tummy tuck surgeries tend to do the needful in terms of a healthy meal diet and exercise to ensure they don’t gain extra weight.
What are the risks to these surgeries?
- Pain: Mild to moderate pain is expected after some surgeries, the pain is likely to be worse in certain types of liposuction surgeries are performed on the lower part of the body.
- Stomach upset which may include vomiting and nausea can exist. If the vomit does not stop, it may persist into dehydration.
- Skin bruise, swelling and discolouration may crop up. If the swelling becomes severe it may be an indication of infection.
These are few out of the possible complications that may result post-op. So you must ensure you weigh options very well before deciding to undergo any cosmetic or plastic surgical procedure.